116 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: (215) 568-1020
Time: 9:30 pm til 2 am
Lesson: Basic Lesson from 9:30-10:15pm with Master Jay
Parking: Street Parking is not hard to find nearby.
Vango is the place to be for Monday night salsa. It is Free – No Cover the whole night. The lesson is very basic and the same every week, so if you have never done salsa before it might be worth checking out. Otherwise, come later. The crowd starts to pick up after 10:30 pm usually. There are definitely some regulars… after all, it’s free.
- People are friendlier than other clubs
- Good music – mix of salsa, bachata, merengue and a little cha-cha
- Girl to guy ratio is about even
- Along with the Reef on Tuesdays, this is one of the best clubs if you like bachata.
- Lesson is super basic. Skip it if you’ve ever danced salsa before.