Name: Take the Lead Studio Bi-weekly Salsa Parties
Address: 4701 Pine St., Philadelphia, PA 19143
Phone: (215) 471-3215
Cost: $10 Cover
Parking: Street Parking is not hard in this area.
Time: 9pm til 1am
Lesson: Beginner Level Lesson from 9:30pm – 10:00pm
Take the Lead is a good place to go if you like it friendly. Located in West Philly, this venue attracts a lot of UPenn and university students during the school year as well as a young professional crowd. In fact, best months to go are September and October when the school year starts.
This place is beginner friendly and attracts a lot of newcomers rather than performance level dancers. Fruit and chips are also available and included in the admission price. Check the website for schedule because it is only every other week and the schedule changes sometimes.
- Friendly beginner and intermediate level crowd.
- Street parking is pretty simple.
- A good place to go for people under 21.
- Music selection is limited.
- Parties are only every other week.
- Turnout can be low sometimes.
- Too much lighting in the studio – kills the dance mood.
- No longer a strong regular crowd.