112 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Cost: $10 Cover for Men and $5 for Women
Parking: Street Parking is difficult on Friday nights, but if you are lucky or drive around a bit you should be able to find something. There are also paid garages around.
Time: 9pm til 2am
Lesson: Beginner Level Lesson from 9pm – 10:30pm
Brasils is one of the most popular salsa venues in Philadelphia. During the weekend, the crowd consists mostly of beginners a few intermediate level dancers. There is enough salsa music played for salsa lovers to get their dance on, but during the weekend, there is also more bachata, merengue, cha-cha, and reggaeton. Reggaeton usually starts later in the night though, after 11:30pm or midnight sometimes. Overall, if you want to salsa on Friday night, this is a place worth considering.
- Always new faces and people to dance with.
- Good Music Mix if you like things other than salsa.
- People are friendlier and less cliquish than on Wednesday.
- Turnout is usually decent although it can vary.
- Music is loud – some people might want to bring ear plugs
- Most advanced and intermediate level dancers come on Wednesdays because of the lower cover and intermediate level lesson. So if you are looking for better dancers, then Wednesdays is a better night.
- $10 cover for guys versus $5 on Wednesdays.
- Finding parking on the street is more difficult than during the week.